Saturday, May 2, 2009

Pictures: Favorites

Most bloggers seem to have done the twenty favorite leading men and leading ladies posts, which I would do if I felt like it and I wasn't a little confused about this tagging business. Anyhow, instead, I am posting pictures of my favorite entertainers, male or female, twenty or forty, equal or not. I also want to introduce the idea of posts that consist mostly of pictures...I think I may be doing a lot of them eventually. Here are the pictures for this topic, favorites, roughly ranked.

Definite Favorites:

Natalie Wood

Audrey Hepburn

Grace Kelly

James Dean

Frank Sinatra


Moderate (some previous) Favorites:
Paul Newman

Rita Hayworth

Marilyn Monroe

Ava Gardner

James Garner

Could-be favorites if I see more of their films/work:

Deborah Kerr

Montgomery Clift

Vivien Leigh

Gene Tierney

Dana Andrews

Marlon Brando
Actually, most of these could be considered favorite people that happen to be actors, but it all goes hand in hand since a performer's main appeal is being likable. Perhaps later I will go into favorite couples.

2 comments:

Sarah Mann said...

I've never seen the Grace or Marilyn one! I loved seeing Grace with glasses.

Anonymous said...

Ditto with Sarah! I love the photos, Merriam, especially the Rita Hayworth one. And Grace Kelly is absolutely divine in glasses. Grr, she gives me such a high standard to live up to!